Queen’s College Privacy and Data Collection Policy
The privacy of our students is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for students to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information. The following outlines our privacy and data collection policy.
Queen’s College’s collection of personal information is authorized by its Private Career College Act, 2005, operating under the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities. This ministry is obliged to follow regulation of privacy and data collection operating under Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), and the Ontario’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), 1990.
Purpose of Use and Disclosure
Personal information is collected for the purpose of admissions, registration, academic progress, and administering the College programs, services and activities and will be used for those or consistent purposes.Personal information may be disclosed to and used by employees of the College who need the information in the performance of their duties.In order that applicants and students can form expectations regarding the use and disclosure of their personal information, the following are some examples of the uses and disclosures of personal information which relate to the execution of various functions of the College:
- Registration records, educational history and supporting documents, including records of misconduct, may be used for the adjudication of admission, progression, and graduation with respect to various Such information may be transmitted to other educational institutions and partners involved in the delivery of programs offered at, with, or through Queen’s College, including, but not limited to, entities involved in the provision of joint degrees, programs, plans, practicums, exchanges, placements, co-op positions, and service-learning opportunities.
- Personal information collected in the application process may be shared with other universities and colleges across Canada in the event that any information provided to Queen’s College as part of the application process is determined by Queen’s College to be false, misleading, or otherwise deceptive, or written by a third party.
- Applicant information may be shared with the relevant faculty(ies), school(s) or department(s) for the purpose of admission only.
- Applicants may be contacted about admission opportunities other than those specifically identified by the applicant.
- Applicants may be contacted to guide the improvement of the College’s services and offerings.
- Personal information is used to create class-lists, grade submission lists and other materials needed by employees of the While photographs of students are collected and intended primarily for inclusion on the College’s identification cards, they may be included in class-lists and other documents.
- Names of students and their contact information are collected by the College in order to operate both virtual and physical classroom environments.
- By registering in courses, students acknowledge that their names may be divulged, both orally and in written form, to other members of the course during activities such as, but not limited to, taking attendance, assigning topics, organizing students for group work, assessing classroom participation, facilitating classroom discussion, working in online learning tools, and organizing Students who are concerned about such disclosures should contact the course instructor to identify whether there are any possible alternatives to such disclosure. Units may use contact information for course and related purposes.
- Personal information may be transferred to ministries and agencies of the Ontario Government and the Government of Canada as required by statute or This includes transfers to entities such as Statistics Canada and the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities (MTCU).
- The Federal Statistics Act provides the legal authority for Statistics Canada to obtain access to personal information held by educational The information may be used only for statistical purposes, and the confidentiality provisions of the Statistics Act prevent the information from being released in any way that would identify a student.
Process of Use of Information
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up to date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Photo conditions of use:
Queen’s College grants permission for instructors, parents, guardians, and students to use the pictures in a non-commercial manner, for personal use only. Queen’s College will at times use students’ pictures, testimonials, reviews for marketing and branding purposes of the College. However, the use of the pictures and videos will not be allowed until full consent is given, and the individual was asked permission by signing a waiver given the College permission to proceed in accordance with the privacy law and regulations of Canada.
Commercial conditions of use:
For commercial use, photos may not be used without the consent of Queen’s College. Please be advised that a fee may be required. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.